Introduction

Greetings,

It has taken years of truly dedicated letter-writing and the removal of my taste buds from excessive stamp licking, but I am pleased to announce that I have almost finishing arranging the correspondence that I have gathered from inhabitants across my world.

I initially wrote to them a number of years ago in order to gain a factual insight into the world around me. This letter is attached below. Having removed most of the blood stains from the replies, I feel that the letters are biologically safe for your consumption, dear reader.

I was shocked, amazed and appalled in equal measure at the various styles of handwriting. Fortunately, I have invented a magic typography changing device, accessible from the right hand side of this electric paper screen that will enchant the typeface into adjusting size and font.

So, from this June, every Monday and Friday I will be releasing one of these letters. I have arranged them by chronology and grouped them into various stories to help form a loose narrative.

In the meantime, I have sent out another batch of letters and I hope to receive more replies soon. If you would like to write to me, dear reader, please send me an instant letter in the comments below - no stamp required.

Yours,

Far Far Away

Dear Inhabitant,

I hope this letter finds you well.

My name is Far Far Away, and I have taken it upon myself to become chronicler for this land. I have no qualifications save for a need to be nosy, but I hope you share your life with me regardless.

I am compiling a biography of the land and I humbly request that you write to me on a regular basis with certain events that happen in your daily life.

I enclose a number of pre-stamped envelopes, along with parchment and a freshly-picked quill from my freshly-bald goose. You may also notice I have included a dictionary and a copy of the children's book, The Reasonably Peckish Millipede, so that if you are unable to read or write, you can bloody well teach yourself.

I look forward to your replies.

Yours,

Far Far Away

1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

I followed but no profile photo came up. Oh well, I'm there in the shadows at least.

Lee
Tossing It Out